For students at the sophomore year college level or above, recent graduates and graduate students, pursuing further experience in the arts, an internship at Aviary is an exciting opportunity to gain practical gallery experience.
An internship at Aviary requires a minimum commitment of eight hours per week and must be available on weekend days.
Interns will be expected to help with the following tasks:
- Marketing and promotion - updating social media (Twitter, Facebook, blog), creating press materials, and drafting a weekly newsletter
- Customer service
- Photographing boutique items and updating the online shop
- Assist in curating, installing and taking down exhibitions
Desired, but not essential:
- Working knowledge of digital printing and scanning, Adobe Photoshop image handling software etc.
- Comfortable designing marketing materials such as post cards, flyers etc.
- Love of dogs. Aviary is a dog friendly gallery where Ava the greyhound can frequently be found napping by the counter.